Quinn's actual age

Quinn's adjusted age

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Manners

I think I need to give our little boy a lesson in manners. He kicked the doctor 3 times yesterday! It seems he does not like the doppler. I have posted before about how the doctor will put the doppler on my belly to find his heartbeat. I'll hear it for a minute, then he'll move away and the heart rate fades. The doc will put it in a new spot, get the heartbeat again, only to have him move away again. This has happened at every appointment I've had so far. Yesterday, he did it again. When the doctor kept pursuing, Quinn gave a swift kick and moved away. She went after him again, and he kicked harder 2 more times. The doctor said, "OK, OK! I'll stop bothering you!" Everything looks great with the pregnancy. Next month I'll have my glucose tolerance test, and then I'll have to start going to the doctor every two weeks instead of every month. The months are already flying by...hope I can get my act together so the kid has a place to sleep by the time he comes!