Quinn's actual age

Quinn's adjusted age

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Adjusted Birthday, Quinn!

Today was Quinn's original due date.  My sister-in-law said that it is strange to think about this, because it feels like he's been around forever.  And it does feel that way!  I kept the pregnancy ticker up on the blog just as a reminder, and to see what would happen, and it was kind of anticlimactic.  I think there are tickers to keep up with your child's age--perhaps I will add one for his real age and one for his adjusted age.  The books I've read say that you should go by his adjusted age when looking at milestones, height, and weight.  I've also read that preemies generally don't catch up until they are 2 or 3 years old, but I have a feeling that Quinn will catch up more quickly.  He doesn't have his next official weigh in until January 19, but I weighed him on our scale yesterday, and it showed 7 lbs.  Of course this isn't extremely accurate, but at least it gives us an idea.

This past week, Quinn got to meet more grandparents!