Quinn's actual age

Quinn's adjusted age

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Dutch Wonderland

Last week we went to Dutch Wonderland, a theme park near Lancaster, PA (yes, two trips to Lancaster in one week).  The park is designed for smaller children, so there were some rides that Quinn could ride without an adult.
Quinn putting the moves on Emma
The "Wonder Whip" lives up to its name
Cutest fighter pilots ever!!





Check out the "Wonder Whip" in action:


Here's Quinn (and Caleb and Emma) on the airplanes with a new friend.  The little boy's mom asked if he could ride with Quinn.  Not sure why, since there were plenty of empty planes.  Maybe Quinn looked friendly or like he needed a friend.


On some rides, Quinn needed a little help or supervision:



My seat was behind him on this ride...not sure how I was helping here.


He didn't understand how to pedal with his hands, so I pushed him around the track with a broom-like object
Here we are before riding the "Turtle-Whirl."  I forgot how fast these tilt-a-whirls spin!!  Half-way through, Quinn started to cry and frantically made the "all done" sign repeatedly.  Sorry, son, I wish I could have stopped the ride at that point, too.  We both survived, but don't think I'll be riding it again. Ever.

They had these little carts called "Wiggle Racers" that you could steer with your hands.  Quinn lasted all of 10 seconds on this, which is why I only got half of a picture.  He kept trying to get off.