Quinn's actual age

Quinn's adjusted age

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Braxton Hicks

I think I have begun to have Braxton Hicks contractions. My doctor asked me last month if I'd been having them. I learned that you begin having them 6 weeks into your pregnancy, but you don't usually notice them until later (if at all). I noticed quite by accident that I was having one (just happened to be feeling my belly at the time) and now I am a little more aware of having them. I've felt maybe one or two a day for the past few days. I feel a very slight uncomfortable feeling in my lower abdomen, and my uterus feels as hard as a rock. So I'm guessing that's the Braxton Hicks.

Sometimes I can feel Quinn when I put my hands on my belly. I can't distinguish body parts yet, but I do feel some hard lumps poking out at times. Last weekend, I was sitting with my hands over my belly, and I felt something move across my hand. And of course, he often lets me know he's in there with some swift kicks that make my whole belly visibly shake. The doctor said his movements will become less frequent as he loses space to move around in. This made me sad, because I thought I would just feel his movements more as he got bigger. I love feeling him move around in there!

I had my glucose tolerance test on Friday. The glucola wasn't too bad (it tasted a lot better than Pedialyte!) and I haven't heard anything from my doctor, so I'm thinking no news is good news. My next doctor's appointment is only a week away. I'll have to get used to going more frequently. Time is flying by so quickly. I can't believe he'll be here in 2 1/2 months!