Quinn's actual age

Quinn's adjusted age

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Failed

I went for a follow up appointment tonight, and the midwife that I saw told me I failed my glucose tolerance test by 1 point. She said the doctor was leaving it up to me whether or not I wanted to go ahead and do the 3 hour test to see if I have gestational diabetes. She went on to say that if I did have diabetes and it went unchecked, it could affect the baby's heart. So, in a "good Mommy" move, I told her I wanted to do the test. In a subsequent "bad Mommy" move, I went home and had a piece of pie.

Apparently, Quinn already has his head down. Of course he can still flip around plenty in there, but it sounds good to me that he's in the right position. I'm just glad I don't have to stand on my head for 10 weeks.

Quinn has also started having hiccups. I felt it for the first time late last week. He's had them 3 times since then, and they last about 10-15 minutes. Feeling him kick, move, and hiccup are incredible blessings that I feel privileged to experience. I know that there are many more blessings to come!