Quinn's actual age

Quinn's adjusted age

Monday, April 27, 2015

Longwood Gardens and Pirate-y things

We had another fun-filled weekend, visiting Longwood Gardens on Friday and then spending some time in Annapolis on Saturday.  A friend visited Longwood Gardens last week, and I remember going there with her and her son (my Godson) when he was around 2.  They had a neat indoor water play area for the kids, and I thought Quinn would really enjoy it.  So off we went to PA to experience it:

He called this a "birthday cake"







He caught "ladybugs" in his "basket" for 30 minutes...

...while I took pictures of flowers


The green wall

Treehouse #1

Treehouse #2








Italian Water Garden



I took my Godson on a pirate ship adventure in Annapolis on Saturday.  I thought I'd get to do some pirate-y things, too, but the adults were only spectators.  It sure would have been fun to defeat Pirate Pete with the water canons!  But it was fun watching Caleb have a blast on the ship!

Getting face paint

All dressed up and ready to go

Learning pirate lingo

All hands (and hooks) on deck!

Pirate Pete is spotted out on a kayak

Got him with the water canons!


Drinking Pete's Grog and celebrating capturing his flag