Quinn's actual age

Quinn's adjusted age

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Strawberry pickin'



This morning Quinn and I went strawberry picking at a local farm.  Quinn had much more fun squishing the strawerries between his fingers than actually picking them.  He also enjoyed playing with the hay that lined the rows.  I personally enjoyed the strawberry picking.  It was my first time for as long as I can remember (I guess I may have done it when I was a kid).  It was fun to search for the biggest, reddest, strawberries...the ones that "popped" when you pulled them off.  The smaller strawberries aren't as sweet, though all of them--sweet or not--have much better flavor than the strawberries you buy in the store.  We only picked about 2 lbs, since it was already very hot at 9 AM, and someone needed a lot of help obeying the farm rules such as "no running" and "no stepping on the strawberry plants."